29 Jun 16:15 — 17:00
About the session
Getting started on new work is hard. Like a writer struggling with a blank page, teams facing new problem domains, projects, and products often don't know where to begin. Or there are so many ideas to explore and directions that could be taken, the work feels untameable; and the team gets paralysed through lack of a clear starting point.
Let me offer you some tools, techniques, prompts, challenges, sympathy, and direction to help you get started with Discovery. Let me show you how to begin.
- You will have multiple tools to help run a discovery session from scratch.
- You will be able to help teams formulate, concretely, a direction to run in.
- You'll understand signs to look for that suggest you're trying too much at once.
- You will see how to build an ongoing process, guided by your starting direction, so that potentially difficult political situations can be headed off from the beginning.
- You'll have a collection of prompts and challenges to help people focus on the task at hand, and avoid going down rabbit-holes.
Themes: Discovery, Leadership, Forming