Terms & Conditions - updated 16th March 2022
These Terms and Conditions of booking and the cancellation and refunds policy (together, the “Conditions”) shall apply to an event organised and administered by Software Acumen Ltd, company number 05210967, (“we”, “our” or “us”) and made available to the participant (“you” or “your”) (an “Event”).
You can contact us by telephoning our customer service team at 01223 900 107 or emailing us at email@example.com.
Our Contract with You
- Our acceptance of your order will take place when we email you to accept it, at which point a contract will come into existence between you and us.
- If you are registering on behalf of someone else, it is your responsibility to ensure that they have read and agree to these terms and conditions, our Code of Conduct, have expressed their compliance with any mailing list opt-ins and any other information pertinent to their registration.
- Upon payment of the contribution or booking fee in cleared funds, you shall be entitled to participate in the event programme on the day(s) you have booked for. Participation in some elements of an event programme may be subject to session capacity. Question and Answer elements may only be available during the scheduled publication period.
- You acknowledge and agree that you are responsible for arranging and paying for your own expenses connected with attending an Event. This includes your own accommodation, travel and other expenses connected with attending an Event.
- Your attendance at the Event is subject to our COVID-19 policy. You must read the policy before attending the Event so that you are up to date with the latest requirements of the venue and the organisers. If you attend the Event in breach of the policy, you may be refused entry and we may not be obliged to give you a refund.
- We can only issue a letter of support once the ticket price has been received in cleared funds. Unfortunately this means that we can only issue letters of support for participants paying by invoice, not by credit card. If you need a letter of support then please request an invoice.
Cancellations and Refunds
- You must tell us in writing if you no longer wish to attend the Event. No refund will be given if you do not inform us of the cancellation in writing prior to the Event’s date.
- If you are unable to attend, a substitute may participate in your place providing you notify us in writing at least one week before the Event. We will levy a £25 + VAT administration fee for substitutions made after this.
- In the event of cancellation by the participant we will refund 100% of booking fees for cancellations received more than 30 days before the Event but no refund will be given if cancellation occurs less than 30 days before the Event.
- In the unlikely event that the Event is cancelled a full refund will be given to you. Software Acumen will not be liable for any other costs in any case.
Recordings and Content
- Videography - We may record some sessions. Videos may be made public and/or shared via our various networks for promotional purposes - e.g on mailings. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns by contacting us using the above details or speaking to a member of the team at the Event.
- Photography - We encourage use of social media throughout the event. As a result photographs/screenshots may be taken by anyone involved in and at the event and we don’t moderate content unless it impacts on our Code of Conduct. You can also speak to any members of the team while at the Event for immediate support.
- We occasionally engage the services of professional photographers or ask our staff to take images for promotional purposes. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns by contacting us using the above details or speaking to a member of the team at the Event.
- Downloading or sharing of content - Content published to Agile Cambridge via our virtual venue shall not be downloaded, shared or used outside of the platform unless access is provided by Software Acumen or the speaker responsible for the recording.
Warranties and Liability
- Whilst we shall use reasonable skill and care with regards to organising and providing the Event, we do not guarantee that you will receive any particular outcome or result in respect of your attendance at the event.
- Under no circumstances shall our liability to you arising out of or in connection with these Conditions exceed the total amount payable by you to us in respect of the contribution or booking fee. For the avoidance of doubt, our liability to you shall not extend to any indirect or consequential loss or damage suffered or incurred by you.
Notwithstanding the above , we do not exclude or limit our liability for:
- personal injury (including sickness and death) to the extent that such injury results from the negligence or wilful default of us or our employees; or
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- any breach of any obligations implied by section 12 of the Sale of Goods Act 1979 or section 2 of the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982; or
- any other liability to the extent the same cannot be excluded or limited by law.
- We reserve the right to vary the Event programme at any time. We will use all reasonable endeavours to tell you about changes in advance of the Event, but there may be times where it is not possible to do so and we have no liability to you in any event for such changes.
- Where a discounted booking fee is claimed we reserve the right to confirm eligibility.
- We are not responsible for the views or opinions expressed by tutorial or session leaders, sponsors, or other participants.
- If performance of our obligations as set out in these Conditions shall be delayed by a Force Majeure Event, then we shall have the right to suspend without liability further performance of our obligations until such time as the cause of delay shall no longer be present.
- For the purposes of these Conditions, a Force Majeure Event shall mean an event beyond our reasonable control including but not limited to strikes, lock-outs or other industrial disputes (whether involving a parties workforce or any other party), failure of a subcontractor to perform, failure of a utility service or transport network, power failure, telecommunication failure or internet failure, act of God, war, riot, civil commotion, malicious damage, pandemic or public health emergency, compliance with any law or governmental order, rule, regulation or direction, accident, fire, flood, storm.